Child Protection

Child Protection

Child protection social workers assess reports of maltreatment of children in cooperation with law enforcement personnel. Along with the help of other service providers, Social Services may provide protective services to children and families such as:
  • Assessment
  • Individual and family counseling
  • Case management
  • Out-of-home placement

Providing children's health and safety needs are met, reunification with parents is the preferred goal of services. 


Mandated Reporter Form


After Hours Child Protection Reporting:

  • Call Goodhue County Sheriff's Dispatch at 651-385-3155

Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC)
Effective July 1st, 2015 Minnesota has a new central system for reporting suspected maltreatment of vulnerable adults.  

> State-wide common entry point available 24/7
> 844-880-1574 is the toll-free phone number for the general public
> Website access for mandated reporters is

For more information go to

Adult Services

Adult protective services provides assessment and protective services to vulnerable adults who may be experiencing abuse or neglect.

A vulnerable adult is any person, 18 years of age or older who: 
    • Is a resident or a patient of a facility, receives licensed services from a home care agency or personal care assistance provider who is under the medical assistance program in Minnesota 

    • Possesses a physical or mental impairment that severely limits the ability to provide for and direct his or her own care AND are unable to report to protect themselves from maltreatment because of the physical or mental limitation

Information that is helpful when you report, but not required: 

           • The name and address of the vulnerable adult 
           • The name and address of the person causing the maltreatment 
           • The date and time of the alleged maltreatment 
           • Details of what happened, when, where and how 
           • Is the vulnerable adult still at risk