File For Office

candidate information

filing for office

Candidates can file with Goodhue County if it is a:

  • County office
  • State of judicial office and you reside in Goodhue County

When you file, you will submit a completed Affidavit of Candidacy and a Candidate Filing Fee or Petition in Place of Filing Fee.

Nominating Petition

If you are running as a member of a major political party or for a nonpartisan office, you do not need to file a nominating petition.

If you are running for a partisan office but not as a member of a major political party, then you must file a Nominating Petition with the required number of signatures.

campaign finance

Goodhue County candidate committees file campaign finance reports with us. Reporting is governed by Minnesota statutes 211A and 211B.