- Boards & Commissions
- Board of Appeal & Equalization
Board of Appeal & Equalization
Property Assessment Appeals
The County’s valuation and classification of a property can be appealed if the property owner does not agree with the assessment. Concerns must be related to the current year EMV for taxes payable for the following year. The Assessor’s Office cannot address an appeal of the EMV for the prior year at this time: an appeal of the prior year EMV can only be appealed through the Minnesota Tax Court and must be filed by April 30 of the year the taxes are due.
If you disagree with your estimated market value on your recent Valuation Notice you have the right to appeal.
To Begin the Appeal Process:
- Collect facts to show your case by gathering recent sales of like properties and recent market analysis.
- Contact the Assessor’s Office at 651-385-3040 – option 1.
- Talk to a County Appraiser to review your information about your value or classification.
- Schedule interior inspection.
- If issue is not resolved:
- Attend your local Board of Appeal & Equalization meeting.
- Make an appointment for the County Board of Appeal & Equalization meeting.
- Final option is to file in Minnesota Tax Court 651-539-3260.
!!!! ATTENTION !!!
Notice of Reassessments
The Goodhue County Assessor’s Office will be performing on site reassessments of properties in 2023. This is for the 2024 assessment for property taxes payable in 2025 in the following areas:
- City of Lake City - Florence Township
- City of Bellechester - Wacouta Township
- Belvidere Township - Pine Island Township
- Hay Creek Township - Featherstone Township
- Goodhue Township - Zumbrota Township
The appraisal staff will knock on your door and leave their business card if property owner is unavailable. Appraiser will be updating photos and verifying measurements in the above mentioned areas in 2023 for the 2024 assessment.
If you would like to update your parcel information, please contact us at 651-385-3040.
Board of Appeal & Equalization Meetings
The County Board of Appeal & Equalization meeting June 26th (by appointment only). Please call 651-385-3040 option 1 to schedule an appointment time.
2023 Local Board of Review Meeting Dates and Times