Child Care Provider Forms | General Information
Please select a category from the menu above for additional information.
- Call 651-385-3232 to obtain the paperwork to begin the licensing process.
- You will be notified in the initial packet of the next orientation sessions. Attendance at the orientations is required. The Minnesota State Child Care Rule (Rule 2) will be reviewed along with training for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Shaken Baby Syndrome.
Additional paperwork will be distributed for you to continue the licensing process.
- Once the application, fire marshal inspection, all background studies, physician reports and references have been received by the county, a home visit by the licensing social worker will be scheduled.
- The licensing worker will conduct a home safety inspection and interview with the applicant.
- When the above has been completed, the county will submit the application to the Minnesota Department of Humans Services and the license will be issued.
- Expect the process to take approximately three to four months after the county receives the application.