Site Map | SEARCH

:: Home > Departments > Social Service Agency > Child Care/Foster Care


Social Service Agency


Quick Links

Child Care / Foster Care

Child Care Licensing 651-385-3232

Goodhue County Social Services is responsible to license and monitor family child care homes in Goodhue County.

If you are interested in applying for a family child care license or would like someone to discuss the child care program with you, please call 651-385-3232 and ask for the family child care licensing worker. 

Your Child's Safety in Licensed Family Child Care

Child Foster Care
Foster care is an opportunity for you to make a difference in a child’s life. Foster care is temporary. Children usually continue to visit their own families until they can be reunited. If children can’t return home, foster parents may have an adoption option. Foster parents are asked to care for children who have challenging behaviors and require a lot of time and supervision.  Call 651-385-3232.
Adult Foster Care
Adult Foster Care is a home setting in the community for adults who are unable to live independently due to physical, emotional, developmental or mental health impairments. Residents receive meals, support, supervision and some assistance with personal care and living skills as needed.

Goodhue County Social Services licenses, monitors and supports adult foster homes.

 Goodhue County Social Services can only license homes which are located in Goodhue County. 

 For more information call 651-385-3232.

 If you live outside of Goodhue County, contact your local department of social services for licensing  information.

Final Booster Bill

 DHS Rules


Residents | Visitors| County Government | Departments |Contact Us | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Search Options

"To effectively promote the safety, health, and well-being of our residents"
Copyright © 2013 Goodhue County, Minnesota

Click here to go to the home page Click here to go to the home page