The Goodhue County Assessor’s office is entrusted with the responsibility of estimating the market value and determining the classification of each piece of property (parcel) in Goodhue County for property tax purposes.
Valuation must meet the standards established by Minnesota Statues and the Minnesota Department of Revenue. This office:
- Appraises all property at actual market value
- Determines the current classification/use of the property
- Informs property owners of their estimated value
- Conducts public meetings to discuss those values
- Applies appropriate classification rates
- Compiles taxable values for each taxing authority
My House is Worth What?
State General Property Tax Rate for 2013
Market Value Exclusion Disabled Veterans, 70 percent, 100 percent
Property Valuation Information