Site Map | SEARCH

:: Home > Departments > Land Use > Zoning


Land Use Management


Quick Links

Minnesota State Weed and Seed Laws

County Agricultural Inspector (CAI): Kristi Gross       Phone: 651-385-3102

The duties of the CAI are to inspect all land in the County for the presence of prohibited noxious weeds. This is done through assistance from local weed inspectors (township and city officials or their appointees). If you would like to report noxious weeds, please contact your local township or city official to begin the investigation process.

Seed Law

Another duty of the CAI is to help enforce the seed law. A sufficient amount of seed is collected and tested each year to ensure the protection of the citizens and businesses in the County through truthfully labeled seed and for fair competition.

Pesticide Applicator Licensing
The CAI also administers the pesticide applicators test. Study materials can be obtained from the University of Minnesota Extension Services bookstore.  The CAI has a limited number of study materials that can be checked out. Pesticide applicators licenses are issued by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA). Any questions regarding certification can be directed to Sue Steen at 651-201-6633 or via email at

When you are ready to schedule the exam:

  1. Contact Kristi for appointment.
  2. Make application and pay licensing fee online, click here  (optional).
  3. What to bring on test day:

    Payment or proof of payment if application made ahead of time.
    Two #2 pencils
    Valid Photo ID

More Information:

Department of Agriculture
University of Minnesota Extension Services
Minnesota's Noxious Weeds


Residents | Visitors| County Government | Departments |Contact Us | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Search Options

"To effectively promote the safety, health, and well-being of our residents"
Copyright © 2013 Goodhue County, Minnesota

Click here to go to the home page Click here to go to the home page