GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
August 9 , 2007
Goodhue County Fair Grounds, Zumbrota
1:00 p.m. - Goodhue County Fair Grounds, Zumbrota
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Disclosures of Interest
- Review and approve July 2, 2007 regular board meeting minutes.
- Review and approve the August 9, 2007, county board meeting agenda.
- Review and approve following items on the consent agenda:
1. Accept retirement resignation of Pat Tri, Land Use Management, effective August 3, 2007. (Attachment)
2. Accept retirement resignation of Richard Scharpen, effective September 30, 2007. (Attachment)
3. Approve new hire, Diane McCoy, Records Support Specialist-Sheriff’s Department, to begin employment July 23, 2007. (Attachment)
4. Accept the retirement resignation of Carol Warfel-Sheriff’s Department, effective September 28, 2007. (Attachment)
5. Accept the resignation of Kasey Deiss, Detention Deputy-Sheriff’s Department, effective August 13, 2007. (Attachment)
6. Accept the resignation of Dennis Hughes, Detention Deputy- Sheriff’s Department, effective August 10, 2007. (Attachment)
7. Approve the sale of Byllesby Park playground equipment for sale on the Public Surplus Auction Website.
8. Approve the sale of Byllesby Park stand alone slide for sale on the Public Surplus Auction Website.
9. Approve Application for Homestead Classification for Christian and Estella Hernlem, Zumbrota. (Attachment)
10. Accept retirement resignation of Vance Cushing, Detention Deputy-Sheriff’s Department, effective September 27, 2007. (Attachment)
11. Accept resignation of Julie Thornton Heise, Dispatch, effective June 20, 2007. (Attachment)
12.Approve new hire, Brian Fladhammer, Facilities Maintenance Technician, to begin employment on August 20, 2007. (Attachment)
- Review and approve following items on the Board of Health consent agenda:
Approve contract with the University of Minnesota for School Nursing Students. (Attachment)
1) FINANCE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
A. Wanamingo TIF District. (Attachment)
2) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Personnel Committee Report.
i. Approve County Assessor Position. (Attachment)
ii. Approve Records Support Specialist. (Attachment)
iii. Approve Promotion of Deputy II to Investigator. (Attachment)
iv. Senior Clerk Position - Land Use Management. (Attachment)
v. Approve Tuition Reimbursement - County Administrator (Attachment)
3) INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. MCCC Joint Powers Agreement (Attachment)
4) LAND USE MANAGEMENT/COUNTY SURVEYOR/COUNTY RECORDER REPORT
Land Use Management:
A. Hadler – Sections 13, T110N, R16W, E 1/2 of NW 1/4 , less RR & PT of S ½ of NW ¼, lying SLY of RR R/W & PT of NE ¼, lying WLY of RR R/W., Minneola Township. The request is for a conditional use permit for the placement of a temporary mobile home in order for the grandson & family to live on the farm and take care for Harry and Dorothy Hadler. (Attachment)
B. Horizon Wind Energy LLC/Lois and Ivan Herrlich – SE ¼ of W ½ of NE ¼ Section 33, NE ¼ Section 35, and NW ¼ and SW ¼ Section 22 all in T109N R18W, Kenyon Township. The request is for a conditional use permit to construct a temporary, tip-up meteorological test pole in the A-1 Agricultural Protection District. (Attachment)
C. Quit Claim Deed. (Attachment)
D. Plat Book License Agreement. (Attachment)
E. Obsolete Records. (Attachment)
5) PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Belvidere Twp Br-MN State Trans Fund 29 Grant. (Attachment)
6) SHERIFF'S REPORT
A. Regional Mutual Aid Agreement for SE Minnesota Emergency Management. (Attachment)
B. 2007 Federal Emergency Management Performance Grant Contract. (Attachment)
7) UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA-EXTENSION
A. Farm Family of the Year Recognition-Duane and Pat Rother.
8) PUBLIC HEALTH DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Uncollectible Claims Recommendations. (Attachment)
B. Immunization Out of Pocket Maximum. (Attachment)
C. Immunization Fee Schedule Recommendation. (Attachment)
D. Minimum Fee Recommendation. (Attachment)
E. South Country Health Alliance Employee Transfer. (Attachment)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
A. Budget Committee Minutes, July 24, 2007 (Attachment)
B. Personnel Committee Minutes, July 24, 2007 (Attachment)
C. Construction Status Report (Attachment)
D. Reintegration Report. (Attachment)
E. AMC Commissioner Appointment (Attachment)
Future meeting dates:
August 6 at 1:00 p.m.- Committee of the Whole: County Board Room.
August 6 at 2:00 p.m.- Budget Workshop: Jury Assembly Room.
August 8- County Staff Meetings.
August 9 at 9:30 a.m.- Transit Meeting
August 9 at 11:30 a.m.- 4-H Luncheon: Goodhue County Fairgrounds, Zumbrota.
August 9 at 1:00 p.m.- County Board Meeting: Goodhue County Fairgrounds: Zumbrota.
August 9 at 7:00 p.m.- Zumbro Watershed Partnership: Oronoco City Hall.
August 10 at 1:00 p.m. - Park Board Meeting: Goodhue County Lake Byllesby Park.
August 13 at 9:00 a.m.- South Country Health Alliance: Owatonna.
August 15 at 9:00 a.m.- Three Rivers Community Action: Zumbrota.
August 18 at 11:00 a.m. - Goodhue County Lake Byllesby Park Open House.
August 19- Goodhue Lions Chicken BBQ: Goodhue.
August 20 at 7:00 p.m. – Planning Advisory Commission: Jury Assembly Room.
August 23 at 8:30 a.m.- Technology Committee: Administration Conference Room.
August 27 at 6:30 p.m.- Board of Adjustments: Jury Assembly Room.
August 28 at 3:30 p.m.- Budget/Personnel Committee: Administration Conference Room.
August 28 at 7:30 p.m.- Cannon Valley Trail: Welch
September 4 at 4:00 p.m. - Committee of The Whole: County Board Room.
County Board Committee reports.
Review and approve county claims.
Review and approve Public Health claims date March 16, 2007 - June 29th, 2007.
New or old business.