GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
March 6, 2007
|1. Approve one day liquor license for Zumbrota Rotary Club at the Goodhue County Fair Grounds Building on April 19, 2007. (Attachment)
2. Approve the Minnesota Counties Insurance Trust (MCIT) Testing Participation Agreement Addendum: Change in Drug Testing Rates. (Attachment)
3. Approve appointment of Jeff Sjoblom, Deputy I Patrolman, Sheriff’s Department, to begin March 13, 2007 (Attachment)
1) PUBLIC HEARING
A. Niles Deden – Pt of the SE ¼ of the SW ¼ Section 22, T112N R14W, Hay Creek Township. The request is for a variance to Goodhue County’s Subdivision Controls Ordinance Section 3, Subdivision 1A; that a Minnesota Statute Chapter 505 plat is required when three or more tax parcels are created from one tax parcel, and/or any residual tax parcel created by a split, is less than 2 (two) acres in area. (Attachment)
2) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR’S REPORT
A. Alfred Bear – NW ¼ of the SW ¼ of Section 23 T111N, R15W, Goodhue Township. The request is for a conditional use permit to operate a home occupation in an accessory building larger than 2,000 square feet (4,600 sq. ft) per Article 3, Section 13, Subdivision 2 of the Goodhue County Zoning Ordinance. The proposed home occupation is an overhead door business. (Attachment)
B. Circle K Family Farms – W ½ of SE ¼ of Section 29 T111N, R14W, Belvidere Township. The request is for a conditional use permit for a new feedlot exceeding 500 animal units in the A-1 Agricultural Protection District (980 proposed animal units); a underground concrete pit for the storage or treatment of animal wastes that exceeds 500,000 gallons (1.3-1.7 million gallons); and an animal feedlot located outside of a farmyard. (Attachment)
C. Board of Adjustment Appointments. (Attachment)
A. Budget Committee Report. (Attachment)
I. Approve Out of State Travel Request-Sheriff's Department & County Engineer.
II. Approve Year End Miscellaneous: Public Health Carryovers & Soil and Water Request.
III. Review 2008-2009 Budget Calendar.
4) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Personnel Committee Report. (Attachment)
I. Probation Officer Vacation Request.
II. Fill vacancy Assistant Jail Administrator-Sheriff's Department & Senior Records Specialist -
III. Approve Tuition Reimbursement, Olaf Mark and Troy Hove
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Website Upgrade Update.
PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Request Final Approval – SAP 25-599-085. (Attachment)
B. Request Approval of Speed Study Findings – CSAH 66 (Pioneer Road). (Attachment)
C. Approve Byllesby Park Bridge Support Resolution. (Attachment)
7) THREE RIVERS COMMUNITY ACTION
A. Approve Family Homeless Prevention & Assistance Support Resolution. (Attachment)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
A. Budget Committee Minutes, February 27, 2007. (Attachment)
B. Personnel Committee Minutes, February 27, 2007. (Attachment)
C. Technology Committee Minutes, February 22, 2007. (Attachment)
Future meeting dates:
- March 6 at 2:00 p.m. - Insurance Review Committee: Conference Room 103.
- March 6 at 3:30 p.m. - Committee of the Whole: County Board Room.
- March 8 at 7:00 p.m.- Zumbro Watershed Partnership Annual Meeting: Oronoco.
- March 12 at 9:00 a.m. – South Eastern Minnesota Water Resource Board: Rochester.
- March 15 at 1:30 p.m. - Park Board Meeting: Public Works Building.
- March 19 at 7:00 p.m.- Planning Commission: Jury Assembly Room.
- March 23 at 12:30 p.m.- Extension Committee Meeting: Conference Room.
- March 24 at 9:00 – 12noon- Meeting with City Officials: Cannon Falls Winery, Canon Falls.
- March 30 at 12:30 p.m. - Tribal Liaison Committee: Prairie Island.
- April 4 at 2:00 p.m. – Lake Byllesby Dam Committee: Randolph City Hall.
- April 11- County Staff Meetings.
County Board Committee reports.
Review and approve county claims.
New or old business.