GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
December 5, 2013
Goodhue County Government Center
Room 301 (Old Court Room)
Red Wing, MN
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve November 19, 2013, county board meeting minutes.
Review and approve December 5, 2013, county board meeting agenda.
Review and approve following items on the consent agenda:
|1. Approve the 2013 Goodhue County Emergency Operations Plan. (Attachment)
2. Approve the Federal Boating Safety Supplemental Equipment Grant. (Attachment)
3. Approve the 2013 Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Contract. (Attachment)
4. Approve the 2013 Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant Response Plan Verification of Plan Approval. (Attachment)
5.Approve the Application to conduct Off-Site Gambling for Frontenac Sportsman’s Club. (Attachment)
6. Approve the Applications for Fire/Storm Disaster Abatements. (Attachment)
7. Approve the Detainee Contract with the Department of Corrections. (Attachment)
8. Approve the Florence Twp Bridge Replacement Project. (Attachment)
9. Approve the Wanamingo Twp Bridge Replacement Project. (Attachment)
10. Approve the Warsaw Twp Bridge Replacement Project. (Attachment)
11. Approve the Cannon Valley Trail Excavator Grant Agreement. (Attachment)
LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR'S REPORT - Public Hearing
For Your InfoSave the Bluffs Zoning Ordinance Amendment (postponed from August 19, 2013): A request to develop a Silica Sand and Resource Protection Overlay District, extension of the interim ordinance/moratorium while the overlay district and best practices are established, and while an economic cost/benefit analysis is completed.
Save the Bluffs Zoning Ordinance Amendment –four alternatives to above request
a. No frac-sand operations (mining, processing, washing, trans-loading) within 1 mile of cities, R1 zoned districts, and campgrounds;
b. No frac-sand operations (mining, processing, washing, trans-loading) within a mile of the high water mark of the Mississippi;
c. Prohibit the use of flocculants in the washing and processing of frac-sand.(permit only dry processing so chemicals won't get into surface or ground water and far less water is used), and;
d. Set harsh penalties for mining, processing and trans-loading violations (such as canceling the permit).
Mining Study Committee: Amendments to the Goodhue County Zoning Ordinance Article 14, Mineral Extraction and the Goodhue County Comprehensive Plan Element 3 Goal 4 and Element 5 adding a new Goal 4 “Recreation and Tourism” in response to the above requests.
FOR ATTACHMENT CLICK HERE
HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
1. Personnel Committee Report
a. County Veteran's Service Officer. (Attachment)
b. Zoning Assistant. (Attachment)
COUNTY ATTORNEY'S REPORT
Update on Goodhue Wind Project at PUC- request for termination of related agreements & rescind of resolution of support. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES:
1. December 3 at 3:00 p.m.- Committee of the Whole Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center.
December 5 at 3:00 p.m.- County Board Meeting: Room 301, Government Center, Red Wing.
December 5 at 6:00 p.m.- 2014 Budget Public Comment Hearing, County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
December 17 at 9:00 a.m.- County Board Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center,
December 17 at 10:30 a.m.- Health and Human Services Board Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
County Board Committee Reports
Review and Approve the County Claims
New or old business