GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
January 03, 2012
County Board Room
Red Wing, MN
Statutory Meeting – (M.S. 375.07) “The Board shall meet at the county seat for the transaction of business on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in January.”
Pledge of Allegiance
County Administrator – To call statutory meeting to order
County Administrator – To request nominations for 2012 Chair of the Board.
Newly Elected Chair – To request nominations for 2012 Vice Chair of the Board.
Review and approve December 20, 2011, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve January 3, 2012, county board meeting agenda.
Review and approve the following items on the January 3, 2012, consent agenda:
1. Approve the Gambling Permit for North Country Bow hunters for an event on February 10-11, 2012 at Treasure Island Resort and Casino. (Attachment)
2. Approve the 2012 Building Code Contract with the Cities of Bellechester, Cannon Falls, Goodhue Dennison, Kenyon and Wanamingo. (Attachment)
3. Approve the abatement requests for the Zumbrota Golf Course Property. (Attachment)
4. Approve the Sign Retro Reflectivity Policy. (Attachment)
5. Approve to Authorize Public Works to set bid opening dates for 2012 Highway Contracts. (Attachment)
6. Approve the Designation of Depositories for 2012. (Attachment)
7. Approve the Election Services Agreement with Synergy Graphics for 2012-2015.
8. Approve the Letter of Understanding with Office of the State Auditor for Auditing Services. (Attachment)
1:05 p.m. - PUBLIC HEARING
1) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR REPORT
A. Jason Fitzgerald for a 5 year mandatory review Interim Use Permit on property located at: T111N, R15W, Part of E ½, NW ¼, Section 10, Goodhue Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a 5 year mandatory review Interim Use Permit – for the use of an excavating and trucking business with construction of additions on a structure to operate and become in compliance of Goodhue County Ordinances on parcel number 33.010.0201, within A-1 Zone District of Goodhue Township. (Attachment)
B. Gerald Peterson for a Zoning District Change on property located at: T110N, R18W, Part of W ½ of SW ¼ , Section 34, Holden Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a Zoning District Change – for the proposed surveyed area of property within parcel number 35.034.0602 currently used as a parking lot within A-3 Zone District to become B-2 Business District compatible with adjacent auto dealership on parcel 35.034.0800 in Section 34 of Holden Township. (Attachment)
2) COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
A. Goodhue County’s 2012 Official County Newspaper. (Attachment)
B. Establish County Board Meeting Dates for 2012. (Attachment)
C. Budget Committee Report. (Attachment)
i. Recorder Compliance Fund
3) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
A. Personnel Committee Report. (Attachment)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
1. 2012 Committee Appointments. (Attachment)
2. December 20, 2011 Budget Committee Minutes. (Attachment)
3. November 29, 2011 Personnel Committee Minutes. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES:
1. January 4 at 9:00 a.m.- Mining Study Committee Meeting: IT Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
January 23 at 7:00 p.m.- Planning Advisory Committee: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center,
January 30 at 6:30 p.m.- Board of Adjustments: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center, Red Wing.
February 1 at 9:00 a.m.- Mining Study Committee Meeting: IT Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
County Board Committee Reports
Review and approve the County Claims
New or old business