GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
December 20, 2011
County Board Room
Red Wing, MN
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve December 1, 2011, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve December 20, 2011, county board meeting agenda.
Review and approve the following items on the December 20, 2011, consent agenda:
1. Approve the Gambling Permit for Frontenac Sportsman Club on February 11, 2012. (Attachment)
2. Approve the Appointment of Lindsey Thomas, MD as the 2012 Goodhue County Medical Examiner. (Attachment)
3. Approve the 2012 Contract for Morgue Facilities and Medical Examiner Support Services. (Attachment)
4. Approve the Professional Service Agreements for CHIPS, TPR, Truancy, Paternity, and Child Support. (Attachment)
5. Approve the Professional Service Agreement for Commitment and Guardianship/Conservatorship Matters. (Attachment)
6. Approve the 2012-2013 Minnesota DNR Snowmobile Safety Enforcement Grant.
7. Approve the 2012 Mileage Reimbursement Rate. (Attachment)
8. Approve the list of 2011 Donations. (Attachment)
9. Approve the Voluntary Leave without Pay Policy. (Attachment)
10. Approve the County Administrator’s Performance Evaluation. (Attachment)
11. Approve the 2012 Vehicle Allowance. (Attachment)
12. Approve the LELS #92 Memorandum of Understanding. (Attachment)
13. Approve the Updated Hartford 457 Plan Document. (Attachment)
14. Approve the 2012 Law Enforcement Contracts with the city of Pine Island and Bellechester. (Attachment)
15. Approve the re-appointment of Jill Swenson, Bob Eppen and Jim Brooks to the Goodhue County Extension Committee for a two year term. (Attachment)
16. Approve the increase in the Law Library Surcharge. (Attachment)
17. Approve the appointment of Brad Anderson to the Belle Creek Watershed effective
January 1, 2012. (Attachment)
18. Approve the Minnesota Accountable Government Innovation & Collaboration (MAGIC) Act Resolution of Support. (Attachment)
19. Approve the 2011 Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Contract. (Attachment)
20. Approve the Prairie Island Nuclear Generating Plant Emergency Response Plan. (Attachment)
21. Approve the 2012-2013 Criminal Prosecution Contracts with the City of Pine Island, Zumbrota and Dennison. (Attachment)
22. Approve the MCAPS4 Contract Ratification. (Attachment)
23. Approve the GIS Contract with the City of Red Wing. (Attachment)
1) COURT SERVICES DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Introduction of New Employee, Grant Smith.
9:10 a.m. - PUBLIC HEARING
2) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Goodhue County Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment -Proposed Amendment to the definition of Bluff in Article 10 and Article 12 of the Goodhue County Zoning Ordinance. (Attachment)
B. Goodhue County Zoning Ordinance Text Amendments- Proposed changes to the Goodhue County Zoning Ordinance are house-keeping in nature. Articles effected are Article 2, Section 4 and Section 6 Subdivision 3; Article 5, Section 3; and Article 10, Section 2, Subdivision 49. There is also a proposed amendment to the Goodhue County Subdivision Controls Ordinance Section 8. (Attachment)
C. Board of Adjustment Appointment. (Attachment)
D. Mining Update. (Attachment)
3) COUNTY SURVEYOR REPORT
A. Out of State Travel Request. (Attachment)
B. Road Vacations. (Attachment)
C. Dodge County GIS. (Attachment)
4) PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Mill Towns Trail Bridge Joint Powers Agreement. (Attachment)
5) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. 2012 Commissioner Wages. (Attachment)
B. 2012 Per Diem Rates. (Attachment)
C. Extension Department Supervision. (Attachment)
D. Wellness Committee Resolution. (Attachment)
6) FINANCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Fund Balance Commitments. (Attachment)
7) COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. 2012 Budget and Levy. (Attachment)
B. First County Board Meeting of 2012. (Attachment)
8) SOUTH EASTERN MINNESOTA MULTI COUNTY HOUSING AND REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
A. 2012 Levy Request (Attachment)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
1. Project Status Report. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES:
1. December 20 at 8:30 a.m.- Budget/Personnel Committee: Administration Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
2. December 20 at 9:00 a.m.- County Board Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center,
December 20 at 10:30 a.m.- Health and Human Services Board Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
December 20 at 11:30 a.m.- Legislative Luncheon: OEM Training Room, Law Enforcement Center, Red Wing.
December 27 at 7:00 p.m.- Cannon Valley Trail Joint Powers Board: Welch Station, Welch, MN.
January 4 at 9:00 a.m.- Mining Study Committee Meeting: IT Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
February 1 at 9:00 a.m.- Mining Study Committee Meeting: IT Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
County Board Committee Reports
Review and approve the County Claims
New or old business