GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
September 6, 2011
County Board Room
Red Wing, MN
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve August 11, 2011, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve September 6, 2011, county board meeting agenda.
Review and approve the following items on the consent agenda:
|1. Approve the abatement request for Ag Partners. (Attachment)
2. Approve the abatement requests for the City of Goodhue. (Attachment)
3. Approve the Liquor License for Goodhue Jaycees at the Belle Creek Roller Rink,
September 10-11, 2011. (Attachment)
4. Approve the Final 2011 Crushed Rock Surfacing Contract. (Attachment)
5. Approve the Final 2011 Seal Coating Contract. (Attachment)
6. Approve the MnDOT Detour – TH 56 Traffic Detour CSAH 1 Agreement. (Attachment)
7. Approve the No Parking Zone on CSAH 12 in Kenyon. (Attachment)
8. Approve the Mississippi River Trail Resolution of Support. (Attachment)
9. Approve the SMART Committee Appointment. (Attachment)
10. Approve the Tuition Reimbursement Request for Angela Olsen. (Attachment)
11. Approve the State of MN Communications Facility User Agreement. (Attachment)
12. Approve the Conditional 3.2% Malt Liquor License for the Zumbrota Rotary Club on September 17, 2011 at the Goodhue County Fairgrounds. (Attachment)
1) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Personnel Committee Report. (Attachment)
B. 2012 Dental Insurance. (Attachment)
2) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Rolling Meadows Mennonite Church CUP. Conditional Use Permit request, on property located at; T111N, R14W, Part of NW ¼ , SE ¼ ,Section 16, Belvidere Township. The request, if approved, is for a conditional use permit to construct a church, school, and cemetery on parcel 26.016.0401 in an A-1 District of Section 16, Belvidere Township. (Attachment)
B. Goodhue County Joint Airport Zoning Board. (Attachment)
3) COUNTY ATTORNEY'S REPORT
A. Possible Motion to Reconsider AWA LWECS Permit. (Attachment)
4) SHERIFF'S REPORT
A. Mobil Data User Agreement. (Attachment)
5) COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
A. 2012 Preliminary Levy Request. (Attachment)
6) SOUTH EASTERN MINNESOTA MULTI COUNTY HOUSING REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
A. 2012 Preliminary Levy Requests. (Attachment)
B. New resident commissioner appointment. (Attachment)
5:00 p.m. - PUBLIC HEARING: Room 301
Citizens Against Frac Sand Mining (Barbara Tittle - Agent) Interim Ordinance/Moratorium
Request for an Interim Ordinance to establish a One Year Moratorium on the issuance of any Conditional Use Permit for a new silica/frac sand mining operation (Mineral Extraction Facility) within rural Goodhue County. (Attachment)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
1. Project Status Report. (Attachment)
2. Highway Safety Improvements Program. (Attachment)
3. Personnel Committee Minutes, August 23, 2011. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES:
1. September 6 at 4:00 p.m. - County Board Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center,
2. September 19 at 7:00 p.m. - Planning Advisory Commission: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center, Red Wing.
3. September 20 at 9:00 a.m. - County Board Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
4. September 20 at 10:00 a.m. - Health & Human Services Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
5. September 20 at 10:30 a.m. - Committee of the Whole Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
6. September 26 at 6:30 p.m. - Board of Adjustments: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center,
7. September 27 at 9:00 a.m. - Budget/Personnel Committee: Administration Conference Room, Government Center.
8. September 27 at 7:00 p.m. – Cannon Valley Trail Joint Powers Board: Welch Station, Welch
County Board Committee Reports
Review and approve the County Claims
New or old business