GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
January 4, 2011
County Board Room
Red Wing, MN
8:15 a.m. - Closed Session - Contract Negotiations LELS 78 & 92
9:00 a.m. - Swearing In Ceremony
Goodhue County Commissioner, James Bryant
Goodhue County Commissioner, Richard Samuelson
Goodhue County Sheriff, Scott McNurlin
Goodhue County Attorney, Stephen Betcher
Statutory Meeting – (M.S. 375.07) “The Board shall meet at the county seat for the transaction of business on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in January.”
Pledge of Allegiance
County Administrator - To call statutory meeting to order.
County Administrator - To request nominations for 2011 Chair of Board
Newly Elected Chair - To request nominations for 2011 Vice Chair of the Board
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve December 21, 2010, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve January 4, 2011, county board meeting agenda.
Review and approve the following items on the consent agenda:
1. Approve the Tuition Reimbursement Request for Scott O. Arneson, Administration Department. (Attachment)
2. Approve the Agreement between Health and Human Services and the Adult Detention Center for Nursing Consultation Services. (Attachment)
3. Approve the Designation of Depositories for 2011. (Attachment)
4. Approve the Goodhue County Addendum to Contract for Flood Work. (Attachment)
5. Approve the Building Code Administration Agreements with City of Bellechester, City of Cannon Falls, City of Dennison, City of Goodhue and City of Kenyon. (Attachment)
6. Approve Gambling Permit for Pine Island White Pines Sportsman Club on June 11, 2011. (Attachment)
7. Approve the County Administrator's Performance Evaluation (Attachment)
1) COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
A. Goodhue County’s 2011 Official County Newspaper. (Attachment)
B. Establish County Board Meeting Dates for 2011. (Attachment)
2) INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Donation of Surplus Computer Equipment. (Attachment)
3) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Conditional Use permit for Neal Stenlund on property located at: T111N R16W, Part of SW ¼ Section 24, Belle Creek Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a Conditional Use Permit – for a personal agricultural aircraft landing field and associated facilities as authorized by Article 20, Section 3, Subdivision 2 on Parcel 25.024.0600 in A-1 Zone District of Belle Creek Township. (Attachment)
4) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Salary of Elected Officials. (Attachment)
B. Personnel Committee - Sheriff Dept Reorganization (Attachment)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
1. 2011 Committee Appointments. (Attachment)
2. Zumbrota TED Application (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES:
1. January 10 at 7:00 p.m.- Planning Advisory Commission: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center, Red Wing.
2. January 24 at 6:30 p.m.- Board of Adjustments: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center, Red Wing.
3. January 25 at 7:00 p.m.- Cannon Valley Trail Joint Powers Board: Welch Station, Welch.
County Board Committee Reports
Review and approve the County Claims
New or old business