GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
August 12, 2010
Goodhue County Fairgrounds
1:00 p.m. County Board
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve July 1, 2010, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve July 1, 2010, 9:30 a.m Committee of the Whole minutes.
Review and approve July 1, 2010, 11:00 a.m Committee of the Whole minutes.
Review and approve August 12, 2010, county board meeting agenda.
Review and approve the following items on the consent agenda:
1. Approve the 2011 Policing Contracts with the City of Wanamingo, Bellechester and Dennison. (Attachment)
2. Approve the Sale of DUI forfeiture vehicles via Public Surplus auction website: 1987 Dodge Dakota Pickup and 1994 Ford Tempo.
3. Approve the Sale of 2003 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4WD via Public Surplus auction Website.
4. Approve the Goodhue County Water Plan Update for 2010-2020. (Attachment)
5. Approve the Tuition Reimbursement for Olaf Mark. (Attachment)
6. Approve the Emergency Management Video Conferencing Equipment Grant. (Attachment)
7. Approve the Offender Housing Agreement with the Minnesota Department of Corrections. (Attachment)
Approve Out of State Travel Request for the Sheriff's Department. (Attachment)
1) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Personnel Committee Reports. (Attachment)
- Maintenance Summer Student.
1:15 p.m. Public Hearings
2) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Christine Arndt/Mary Fairchild - That part of the SW ¼ of Section 9, T111N R16W, Belle Creek Township, Goodhue County. The request is a variance to the subdivision controls ordinance to allow three tax parcels to be created from one tax parcels without requiring a six month waiting period or a Minnesota Statute Chapter 505 plat. (Attachment)
B. Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment –Home Occupations – Amend Article 11, Section 13 to modernize how home occupations are addressed. The update being proposed will change conditionally permitted home occupations to interim use permitted home occupations that will expire either within a specified time frame or when the property changes ownership. The proposed amendment will increase the accessory size that determines when a home occupation will require a conditional use permit, and updating the performance standards of the interim use permitted home occupations. (Attachment)
3) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Farm Country Co-op- for a Conditional Use Permit Amendment on property located at: T110N, R17W, S ½ , SW ¼ ,and NW ¼ , SW ¼ , Section 25, Wanamingo Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a Conditional Use Permit Amendment– for the construction and use of a new Seed Storage Structure on parcel 44.025.0700 in the A-3 Zone District for commercial and industrial uses primarily intended for the agricultural community. (Attachment)
4) PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Final Minneola Twp project. (Attachment)
B. Summary of Blading and Snowplowing Services. (Attachment)
5) COUNTY ATTORNEY'S REPORT
A. Byllesby Dam Purchase Agreement. (Attachment)
6) EXTENSION REPORT
A. 2010 Goodhue County Farm Family of the Year- John and Betty Jaeger.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
1. Project Status Report. (Attachment)
2. Budget Committee Minutes, July 13, 2010. (Attachment)
3. Personnel Committee Minutes, July 13, 2010. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES:
1. August 12 at 1:00 p.m.- County Board Meeting at the Goodhue County Fair: Zumbrota.
2. August 12 at 2:15 p.m. – Regional Rail Road Authority Board Meeting: Goodhue County Fairgrounds, Zumbrota.
3. August 17 at 8:30 a.m.- Budget/Personnel Committee: Administration Conference Room, Government Center.
4. August 17 at 11:00 a.m.- Health and Human Services Board Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
5. August 23 at 5:30 p.m.- Goodhue County Historical Society: History Center, Red Wing.
6. August 23 at 6:30 p.m.- Board of Adjustments: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center, Red Wing.
7. August 24 at 7:00 p.m.- Cannon Valley Trail Meeting: Welch Station, Welch.
8. September 6 – County Office closed in observance of Labor Day.
9. September 7 at 4:00 p.m.- Committee of the Whole: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
10. September 14 at 8:30 a.m.- Budget/Personnel Committee: Administration Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
Approve the County Claims
New or old business.