GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
February 16, 2010
County Board Room
Red Wing, MN
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve February 2, 2010, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve February 2, 2010, Committee of the Whole meeting minutes.
Review and approve February 16, 2010, board meeting agenda.
Review and approve the following items on the consent agenda:
1. Approve the Application for Minnesota Lawful Gambling for the Cannon Falls Fire Department Relief Association at the Stage Coach Saloon in Cannon Falls. (Attachment)
2. Approve new hire, Steve Kramer, Part-time Deputy I Sheriff, beginning March 15, 2010. (Attachment)
3. Approve the Renewal of Consumption and Display (Set Up) Permit for the Round Barn Bed and Breakfast. (Attachment)
4. Approve the US Census Boundary Validation. (Attachment)
Master Subscriber Agreement for Court Data Services. (Attachment)
Review and approve following items on the Public Health consent agenda:
1. Approve the Beacon Community Grant Application. (Attachment)
2. Approve new hire, Ashlyn Christianson, Community Health Specialist- Public Health, beginning January 11, 2010. (Attachment)
3. Approve the Contract between Goodhue County Public Health Service and Wee Care Daycare to provide nursing consultation for 1/1/10-12/31/10. (Attachment)
4. Approve the Contract between Goodhue County Public Health Service and Red Wing Housing and Redevelopment Authority to provide adult health clinics at Jordan Towers from 1/1/10-12/31/10. (Attachment)
1) PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. DNR Grant Trail Application Support. (Attachment)
2) COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
A. Budget Committee Report. (Attachment)
i. Approve the 2009 Capital Carryover Requests.
ii. Approve the 2009 Operating Carryover Requests.
iii. Approve the Public Health Designations.
3) PUBLIC HEALTH DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Introduction of new employees.
B. Public Health Update: County Health Rankings & SHIP. (Attachment)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
1. Budget Committee Minutes, February 9, 2010. (Attachment)
2. Personnel Committee Minutes, February 9. 2010. (Attachment)
3. Tri-County Road Safety Plan Meeting. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES:
1. February 16 at 8:30 a.m.- Committee of the Whole: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
2. February 16 at 10:00 a.m.- County Board Meeting-Closed Session: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
3. February 16 at 11:15 a.m.- Personnel Policy Committee Meeting: Conference Rm 105, Government Center, Red Wing.
4. February 17- County Staff Meetings.
5. February 17 at 12:00 p.m.- SEMMCHRA Board Meeting:
6. February 18 at 5:00 p.m.- Highway 52 Coalition: City Hall, Cannon Falls.
7. February 23 at 3:15 p.m.- Law Enforcement Center Joint Powers Board: Jordan Conference Room, City Hall, Red Wing.
8. March 2 at 9:00 a.m.- County Board Meeting: Florence Town Hall: Frontenac.
9. March 9 at 8:30 a.m.- Budget/Personnel Committee: Administration Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
10. March 10 at 8:30 a.m.- Day at the Capitol: St. Paul.
11. March 15 at 7:00 p.m.- Planning Advisory Commission: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center, Red Wing.
12. March 22 at 5:30 p.m.- Goodhue County Historical Society: History Center, Red Wing.
13. March 22 at 6:30 p.m.- Board of Adjustments: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center, Red Wing.
14. March 23 at 7:00 p.m.- Cannon Valley Trail Meeting: Welch Station, Welch.
15. March 24-25 - 2010 Association of Minnesota Counties 2010 Legislative Conference: Crowne Plaza in St. Paul - Riverfront.
Approve the County Claims
New or old business.
10:00 a.m. - Closed Session - Contract Negotiations.