GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
January 19, 2010
County Board Room
Red Wing, MN
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve January 5, 2010, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve January 19, 2010, board meeting agenda.
Review and approve the following items on the consent agenda:
1. Approve the authorization for various banking and financial activities. (Attachment)
2. Approve new hire, Brandon Howard, Deputy I Patrolman, Sheriff’s Department, to begin employment on January 4, 2010. (Attachment)
3. Approve new hire, Megan Drake, SHIP Program Coordinator, Public Health Department, to begin employment on January 19, 2010. (Attachment)
4. Approve the denial for Application for Reduction in Valuation of Real Estate for payable 2010 taxes. (Attachment)
5. Approve Tuition Reimbursement Request for Scott Arneson based on the current Tuition Reimbursement Policy. (Attachment)
6. Approve the Liquor License Renewal for Stage Coach Saloon. (Attachment)
Review and approve following items on the Public Health consent agenda:
1. Approve the Contract between Goodhue County Public Health Service and His Kids Child Care to provide nursing consultation from July 1, 2009 – June 30, 2010. (Attachment)
2. Approve the Grant contract between Goodhue County Public Health Service and MN Dept of Health for Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Follow-up from November 10, 2009 – March 31, 2011. (Attachment)
3. Approve the Grant contract between Goodhue County Public Health Service and MN Dept of Human Services for Child and Teen Checkup Administrative Services from January 1, 2010 – December 31, 2010 for $72,107. (Attachment)
4. Lease Agreement between Goodhue County Public Health Service and Red Wing Public Schools for space leased at the Colvill Family Learning Center for the WIC Program 1/1/10-6/30/10. (Attachment)
City of Wanamingo - Introduction to City Administrator, Michael Boulton
Swearing in Ceremony - Brandon Howard, Deputy I Patrolman
1) COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
A. Budget Committee Report.
i. Approve the Out of State Travel Requests. (Attachment)
2) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Vehicle Allowance. (Attachment)
3) COMMISSIONER CORRESPONDENCE
A. Committee Appointments. (Attachment)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
A. 2010 County Board Meeting Calendar. (Attachment)
B. Budget Committee Minutes, January 12, 2010. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES:
1. January 18- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday: County Offices Closed.
2. January 19 at 8:30 a.m.- Committee of the Whole: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
3. January 20 at 2:30 p.m.- County Board Workshop: Goodhue City Hall, Goodhue.
4. January 25 at 5:30 p.m.- Goodhue County Historical Society Meeting: History Center, Red Wing.
5. January 25 at 6:30 p.m.- Board of Adjustments: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center, Red Wing.
6. January 26 at 7:00 p.m.- Cannon Valley Trail Meeting: Welch Station, Welch, MN.
7. January 29 at 9:30 a.m.- EDA Summit: Zumbrota VFW, Zumbrota, MN.
8. February 2 at 8:15 a.m.- Committee of the Whole: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
9. February 2 at 10:30 a.m.- County Board/Management Team Joint Workshop: IT Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
10. February 8 at 7:00 p.m.- Planning Advisory Commission: Jury Assembly Room, Justice Center, Red Wing.
11. February 9 at 8:30 a.m.- Budget/Personnel Committee: Administration Conference Room, Government Center.
12. February 15- President’s Day Holiday: County Offices Closed.
Approve the County Claims
New or old business.