GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
August 4, 2009
County Board Room
Red Wing, MN
8:45 a.m. Closed Session - Litigation - Jason Fehling vs. Goodhue County & Cannon River Winery
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve July 7, 2009 regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve August 4, 2009 county board meeting agenda.
Review and approve the August 4, 2009 consent agenda:
|1. Approve the Final 2009 Rock Contract. (Attachment)
2. Approve the Lease Agreement with the Driver’s Examiner’s Office for July 1, 2009- June 30, 2011. (Attachment)
3. Approve the Lease Agreement with the Public Defender’s Office for July 1, 2009- June 30, 2011. (Attachment)
4. Approve the Lease Agreement with the State for the Sentence to Service Garages for January 1, 2010- December 31, 2011. (Attachment)
5. Approve the Out of State Travel Request for the Sheriff’s Department. (Attachment)
6. Approve the Tuition Reimbursement for Candace Koehn, Sheriff’s Department. (Attachment)
7. Approve the 2010-2011 Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) Radiological Emergency Preparedness Grant. (Attachment)
8. Approve the Re-designation of 2008 Facilities Maintenance Capital Dollars. (Attachment)
9. Approve the Promotion of Jeff Ekblad, Deputy County Surveyor, effective August 5, 2009. (Attachment)
Review and approve the August 4, 2009 Public Health consent agenda.
|1. Approve the Contract between Winona State University and Goodhue County Public Health to provide clinical experience to students for August 16, 2009 – August 15, 2012. (Attachment)
2. Approve the Grant between ClearWay Minnesota and Goodhue County Public Health Service to fulfill the requirements listed in the grant contract for July 1, 2009 – June 30, 2010. (Attachment)
Swearing In Ceremony - Diane Richter-Biwer, Office of Emergency Management
1) PUBLIC HEARING - Land Use Management
A. Flood Plain District: Ordinance Text Amendment/Official Zoning Map Amendment - Amend Article 31, Article 7, Article 10, and Article 2 to incorporate amendments to our Flood Plain Ordinance so that it meets the standards set by MN DNR and FEMA. Adopt the Digital Flood Insurance Rate Map (DFIRM) to replace the Floodway/Flood Boundary and Flood Insurance Rate Maps as an overlay district in the Official Zoning Map. (Attachment)
2) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Conditional Use permit for Daniel Voight on property located at: T112N, R16W, Part of S ½, SE ¼, Section 28, Vasa Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a Conditional Use Permit – for the home occupation use of a construction business with construction of storage buildings over 2,000 Square Feet to operate on existing property, parcel number 42.028.0401, within A-2 Zone District of Vasa Township. (Attachment)
B. Conditional Use permit for Mark G. Burfiend on property located at: T111N, R14W, Part of W ½, NE ¼, Section 2, Belvidere Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a Conditional Use Permit – for the home occupation use of a farm mechanical repair and storage business with construction of a 47’ by 72’ storage building over 2,000 Square Feet to operate on existing property, parcel number 26.002.0502, within A-2 Zone District of Belvidere Township. (Attachment)
C. Conditional Use Permit for Green Acres Organic Dairy LLC (Chris O’Reilly-agent) on property located at: T111N, R14W, Part of SE ¼, Section 12, Belle Creek Township. The request is for a conditional use permit to expand a dairy feedlot from 120 to eventually 300 cows and construct a manure holding structure on parcel 25.012.0500 that exceeds 500,000 gallons within the A-2 Zone District of Belle Creek Township. (Attachment)
D. Conditional Use Permit for Schafer Farms of Goodhue (Brandon Schafer-agent) on property located at: T112N, R14W, SW ¼ of SW ¼, Section 32, Hay Creek Township. The request is for a conditional use permit to construct a hog breeding structure and a manure storage structure on parcel 34.032.0600, that exceeds 500,000 gallons within A-2 Zone District of Hay Creek Township. (Attachment)
3) FINANCE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
A. Optional Method for Payment of Real Estate Taxes. (Attachment)
B. Public Comment Meeting for 2010 Budget. (Attachment)
4) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Personnel Committee Report. (Attachment)
a. Approve the Updated Early Retirement Incentive Program.
b. Approve the Plans for Privatizing Homecare.
c. Approve the Post Retirement Health Care Savings Plan.
5) SHERIFF'S REPORT
A. Aid Services Agreement. (Attachment)
For Your Information
1. Budget Committee Minutes, July 27, 2009. (Attachment)
2. Personnel Committee Minutes, July 27, 2009. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES :
August 27 at 7:00 p.m.- Hazard Mitigation Plan Update-Public Meeting: Zumbrota City Hall, Zumbrota.
August 13 at 1:00 p.m.- County Board Meeting at the Goodhue County Fair: Fairgrounds, Zumbrota.
August 17 at 7:00 p.m.- Planning Advisory Commission: Jury Assembly Room, Red Wing.
August 24 at 8:00 a.m.- Budget/Personnel Committee Meeting: Administration Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
August 24 at 6:30 p.m.- Board of Adjustments: Jury Assembly Room, Red Wing.
August 27 at 7:00 p.m.- Hazard Mitigation Plan Update Public Meeting: Zumbrota City Hall, Zumbrota.
Approve the County Claims
County Board Committee reports.
New or old business.