GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
January 6, 2009
GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD ROOM
Red Wing, MN
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Statutory Meeting – (M.S. 375.07) “The Board shall meet at the county seat for the transaction of business on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in January.”
County Administrator – To call statutory meeting to order.
His Honor, Judge Thomas W.Bibus; Oath of Office, elected and re-elected Commissioners.
County Administrator – To request nominations for 2009 Chair of the Board.
Newly Elected Chair – To request nominations for 2009 Vice Chair of the Board.
Review and approve December 16, 2008, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve December 16, 2008,Committee of the whole meeting minutes.
Review and approve December 16, 2008, Committee of the whole meeting minutes.
Review and approve January 6, 2009, county board meeting agenda.
Review and approve following items on the consent agenda:
1. Approve the 2009 Contract with Regina Medical Center for Morgue Facilities and Medical Examiner support services. (Attachment)
2. Accept the Retirement of Pauline Jagusch, Public Health, effective January 30, 2009. (Attachment)
3. Accept the Retirement of Dennis Robinson, Surveyor, effective December 26, 2008. (Attachment)
4. Approve the Minnesota Lawful Gambling Application for Exempt Permit for Cannon Falls Sportsman Club. (Attachment)
5. Accept the Resignation of Jeremy Heskett, Detention Deputy effective January 4, 2009. (Attachment)
6. Approve the Tuition Reimbursement request for Ethan Seaberg, Public Works. (Attachment)
7. Approve the Leon Township Br Replacement Project S.A.P. 25-599-103. (Attachment)
8. Approve to set bid letting dates for 2009 Highway Contracts. (Attachment)
9. Approve to accept and approve final payment of Contract 66203 for the reconstruction of Main Street-Pine Island. (Attachment)
Review and approve following items on the public health consent agenda:
Approve the 2009 Public Health Nursing Contracts with the Adult Detention Center. (Attachment)
Approve the Contract between Goodhue County Public Health Service and Southeastern Minnesota Area on Aging for Transition to Housing Consultation for 10/01/08 - 9/30/09. (Attachment)
1) COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
Goodhue County’s 2009 Official County Newspaper. (Attachment)
Establish County Board Meeting Dates for 2009. (Attachment)
2) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
Salary of Elected Officials. (Attachment)
10:00 a.m. Public Hearing
3) PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. E-Waste Fees. (Attachment)
4) PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S REPORT
High Speed Passenger Rail Joint Powers Agreement. (Attachment)
B. Washington Fly-In and NACo 2009 Conference. (Attachment)
5) LAND USE MANGEMENT DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Conditional Use Permit for Terry and Barb LaCanne for property located at: T110N, R16W, NW ¼, NW ¼ , Section 17, Minneola Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a Conditional Use Permit for the use of storage of turkey manure on parcel number 38.017.0400 within A-1 Zone District of Minneola Township. (Attachment)
B. Conditional Use Permit for Geronimo Wind/Dennis Buck (Charlie Daum-Agent) for property located at: T111N, R15W, SE ¼, Section 7, Goodhue Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a Conditional Use Permit to construct a temporary, tip-up 60 meter meteorological test pole on parcel number 33.007.0400 in the A-1 Agricultural Protection District of Goodhue Township. (Attachment)
C. Geronimo Wind LLC – Request to support the Geronimo Wind LLC., Goodhue Wind Energy Farm Project as a Community Based Energy Development (C-BED). (Attachment)
D. Planning Advisory Commission Appointment. (Attachment)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Park Board Minutes. (Attachment)
2009 Committee Appointments. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES :
March 4 at 7:00 p.m.- Comprehensive Plan Meeting: Zumbrota Library.
April 8 at 7:00 p.m.- Comprehensive Plan Meeting: Zumbrota Library.
May 6 at 7:00 p.m.- Comprehensive Plan Meeting: Zumbrota Library.
June 3 at 7:00 p.m.- Comprehensive Plan Meeting: Zumbrota Library.
July 1 at 7:00 p.m.- Comprehensive Plan Meeting: Zumbrota Library.
County Board Committee reports.
Review and approve county claims.
New or old business.