GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
October 21, 2008
GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD ROOM
Red Wing, MN
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve October 7, 2008, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve October 7, 2008, Committee of the whole meeting minutes.
Review and approve October 21, 2008, county board meeting agenda.
Review and approve following items on the consent agenda:
1. Approve the Tuition Reimbursement Request for Debra Schwisow-Sheriff’s Department. (Attachment)
2. Approve the 2009 Policing Contract with the Cities of Bellechester and Dennison. (Attachment)
3. Approve the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources 2009 Natural Resources Block Grant Agreement. (Attachment)
Review and approve the following items on the Public Health consent agenda:
1. Approve the Red Wing HRA Homecare Service Contract. (Attachment)
2. Approve contract with The College of St. Scholastica to provide nursing clinical experience for 2008-2009 academic year. (Attachment)
3. Approve the Waivered Services Contracts Letters of Agreement from October 1, 2008-June 30, 2009. (Attachment)
Swearing In Ceremony
Patricia Karns - Detention Deputy
Sara Wiersgalla - Detention Deputy
Todd Avery - Detention Deputy
1) FINANCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. 2007 Audit Report.
2) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Conditional Use Permit for Carlson Brother’s (Mike Carlson) for property located at: T112N, R16W, NE ¼ of NE ¼ , Section 3, Vasa Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a CUP – for the existing Feedlot Facility to expand with a new feedlot structure/ manure holding structure that will have a storage volume of over 500,000 liquid gallons on parcel number 42.003.0100 within A-2 Zone District of Vasa Township. (Attachment)
3) SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
A. Water Plan Advisory Committee. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES :
October 21 at 9:45 a.m.- Committee of the Whole: County Board Room, Red Wing.
October 24- Rice County Solid Waste Committee.
October 27 at 6:30 p.m.- Board of Adjustment: Jury Assembly Room-Justice Center, Red Wing.
October 28 at 3:30 p.m.- Budget/Personnel Committee: Administration Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
October 28 at 7:00 p.m.- Cannon Valley Trail Committee: Welch Station, Welch.
November 4 at 9:00 a.m.- County Board Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
November 5 – County Staff Meetings
November 11- County Offices Closed in observance of Veteran’s Day.
November 17 at 4:00 p.m.- Goodhue County Historical Society: History Center, Red Wing.
November 17 at 7:00 p.m.- Planning Advisory Commission: Jury Assembly Room, Red Wing.
County Board Committee reports.
Review and approve county claims.
New or old business.