GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
September 2, 2008
GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD ROOM
Red Wing, MN
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve August 7, 2008, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve August 11, 2008, Committee of the whole meeting minutes.
Review and approve September 2, 2008, county board meeting agenda.
Review and approve following items on the consent agenda:
1. Approve the Emergency Response Team Multi-Agency Agreement. (Attachment)
2. Approve the Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Contract. (Attachment)
3. Approve a one day liquor license for the Zumbrota Rotary Club for September 20, 2008, at the Goodhue County Fairgrounds Building. (Attachment)
4. Approve new hire, Patricia Karnes, Detention Deputy-Sheriff’s Department, starting August 18, 2008. (Attachment)
5. Approve new hire, Terry Hayunga, PC Support Technician- Information Technology Department, starting August 5, 2008. (Attachment)
6. Approve the Final Seal Coat 2008 Contract. (Attachment)
7. Approve the Public Surplus Auction Item from Sheriff’s Department - 2004 Chevrolet 4Door Impala.
Review and approve the following items on the Public Health consent agenda:
1. Grant contract between Public Health and MDH for the Emergency Preparedness grant from August 10, 2008 - August 9, 2009 for $38,698.00. (Attachment)
1) COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
A. 2009 Preliminary Levy. (Attachment)
B. Public Defender Contracts. (Attachment)
2) FINANCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Truth In Taxation Hearing. (Attachment)
3) HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Personnel Committee Report.
i. Approve Human Resource Technician (Attachment)
ii. Approve Tuition Reimbursement Request. (Attachment)
4) PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Highway Design and Construction Agreement (GC and City of RW) - CSAH 1 2009 Project. 2009
B. Perceived Maximum Precipitation Study (PMP) - Byllesby Dam. (Attachment)
5) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR'S REPORT
A. Cannon River Winery (John Maloney) for a Conditional Use permit on property located at: T111N, R18W, NE ¼ of SE ¼ , Section 14, and NW ¼ of SW ¼ of Section 13,Warsaw Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a Conditional Use Permit – for the Vineyard to schedule and conduct special event operations open to the public on existing property, parcel numbers 45.014.0400 and 45.013.1400, within A-2 Zone District of Warsaw Township. (Attachment)
6) SOUTH EASTERN MINNESOTA MULTI COUNTY HOUSING REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (SEMMCHRA)
A. 2009 SEMMCHRA Preliminary Levy. (Attachment)
B. Small Cities Development Applications. (Attachment)
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
A. Personnel Committee Minutes, August 26, 2008. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES :
September 2, 2008 at 3:15 p.m.- Committee of the Whole Meeting: County Board Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
September 15, 2008 at 4:00 p.m.- Goodhue County Historical Society: Red Wing.
September 15, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.- Planning Advisory Commission: Jury Assembly Room, Red Wing.
September 22, 2008 at 6:30 p.m.- Board of Adjustments: Jury Assembly Room, Red Wing.
September 23, 2008 at 3:30 p.m.- Budget/Personnel Committee: Administration Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
September 23, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.- Cannon Valley Trail: Welch Station, Welch.
September 25, 2008 at 8:30 a.m.- Technology Committee: Administration Conference Room, Government Center, Red Wing.
September 26, 2008 at 1:00 p.m.- Extension Committee: Conference Room 105, Government Center, Red Wing.
County Board Committee reports.
Review and approve county claims.
New or old business.