GOODHUE COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
April 1, 2008
Goodhue County Historical Society
1166 Oak Street, Red Wing
Pledge of Allegiance
Disclosures of Interest
Review and approve March 18, 2008, regular board meeting minutes.
Review and approve April 1, 2008, board meeting agenda.
Review and approve following items on the consent agenda:
Approve new hire, Nicole Whipple, Detention Deputy, to begin employment on April 14, 2008. (Attachment)
2. Approve new hire, Anthony Nelson, Engineering Technician-Public Works, to begin employment on March 17, 2008. (Attachment)
3. Approve tuition reimbursement for Kristi Gross, Land Use Management-Zoning Technician. (Attachment)
4. Approve the proposed list of items for Auction on Public Surplus. (Attachment)
5. Accept resignation of Jeffrey Hill, Detention Deputy, effective April 1, 2008. (Attachment)
6. Accept resignation of Traci Behnke, Detention Deputy, effective April 22, 2008. (Attachment)
7. Approve the Prairie Island Generating Plant Emergency Response Letter of Agreement for 2008. (Attachment)
8. Approve RGS and Associates becoming Alliance Benefit Group of Red Wing LLC. (Attachment)
1) COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
A. Budget Committee.
i. Approve SEMMCHRA Resolution Request (Attachment)
2) LAND USE MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR’S REPORT
A. Conditional Use Permit for Peterson Turkey Hatchery, Inc. for property located at: Section 19, T112N, R17W, part of lot 4 in NW 1/4 , Cannon Falls Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a CUP – for the existing Turkey Hatchery Facility on parcel 28.019.0900 in A-3 Zoned District to be altered into use as a processed turkey and meat sales distributor in Section 19 Cannon Falls Township. (Attachment)
B. Conditional Use Permit for Steven C. Heitman for property located at: Section 35, T112N, R13W, part of E ½ of SE ¼ , Florence Township. The application, if approved, would authorize: a CUP – for the existing Vehicle storage Facilities and extended auto salvage operations on parcel 32.035.0700 in A-2 Zoned District to become in accordance with Goodhue County Zoning Ordinance in Section 35 Florence Township. (Attachment)
3) PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR'S REPORT
2008 Seal Coat Joint Powers Agreement. (Attachment)
B. MnDot Master Partnership Contract. (Attachment)
C. House Hold Hazardous Contract Amendment #1. (Attachment)
5:40 p.m. Minnesota County Insurance Trust (MCIT)- Annual Report
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
A. Budget Committee Minutes, March 25. (Attachment)
FUTURE MEETING DATES :
April 9-10th AMC Legislative Conference – St. Paul
April 21 at 4:00 p.m.- Red Wing Historical Society: Red Wing History Center.
April 21 at 7:00 p.m.- Planning Advisory Commission: Jury Assembly Room, Red Wing.
April 22 at 3:30 p.m.- Budget/Personnel Committee: Administration Conference Room.
April 24-25: Human Services/Public Health “Open Spaces” Concept Meetings.
April 29 at 7:00 p.m.- Cannon Valley Trail Meeting: Welch Train Station.
April 30 at 12:00- Tribal Liaison Luncheon: Jury Assembly Room, Red Wing.
June 16 at 9:00 a.m.- Board of Appeals: County Board
County Board Committee reports.
Review and approve county claims.
New or old business.