Caregivers with 0-5 years of licensure/experience are required to complete 12 hours of training annually.
Caregivers with 6+ years of licensure/experience are required to complete 6 hours of training annually.
Vulnerable Adult Act Training must be completed prior to licensure or an employee begins to work with residents. This training must be completed annually.
On-line Training: DHS Training Modules
- Click on County and Tribal Workers
- Click on TrainLink
- Click on Disability Services and scroll down to on-line learning
- Click on e-learning modules
- Use your Unique Key to access these modules
**If you don't have a unique key, follow the instructions to obtain one.
- Brain Injury: A Virtual Tour
- Falls Prevention Intervention
- Psychotropic Medication Monitoring
- Rule 40 and Non-Aversive Treatment Strategies
Adult Family Caregiver's Network: Training for caregivers that assist elderly and individuals with developmental disabilities. Training is available on a wide variety of topics, such as behavioral interventions, infection control and safety, medication management, and various mental health issues.