The following information is available:
- Certified birth certificates for the entire state of Minnesota from 1935 - present.
- Non-certified certificates for the entire state of Minnesota from 2000 - present.
- Birth records from 1870 to present (approx.) for the county of Goodhue.
To receive a certified birth certificate, you must have proof of tangible interest in the subject. Non-certified birth certificates are provided without tangible interest. Certificates may be obtained by mail or in person (walk-in).
- Certified: $26.00 one copy/$19.00 each additional copy of same certificate.
- Non-certified: $13.00 per copy.
INFORMATION FOR REQUESTS BY MAIL:
- Print Birth Certificate Application
- Complete the form
- Have your signature on the form notarized
- Enclose check or money order payable to: Goodhue County Recorder
- Mail to: Goodhue County Recorder, 509 W. 5th Street, Red Wing, MN 55066
You will be asked to complete and sign an application stating that you have tangible interest in the subject. You will need to provide identification, such as a driver's license.
Our office is located at 509 W. 5th Street, Red Wing, MN 55066
Please call us at 651-385-3148